Thursday, December 28, 2006

Holidays

The Christmas holiday was wonderful around here. Mom and dad came over Christmas eve, as I keep up the traditional that My grandmother had. We always have shrimp, cheese dip, lots of cookies and wine. I really enjoy spending that time with them and honoring grandma that way. We either watch a Christmas movie or play games. This year we played games. Mom and dad bought "Shout the music". A DVD music quiz game that dad and I beat the pants off Petey and Mom on.
It was lots of fun.

We got Magoo to bed around 8 and bean followed behind him about 9pm. Petey and I waited as long as our tired bodies could handle for Santa to come and stock up the Christmas goodies. Put the presents under the tree around 10 30 and by 11 45, Bean was running into the room letting us know that Santa had been here. Pete tried putting us back to sleep but her and I just could not do it. We were up and finished unwrapping presents by 1:00am.

This year when she visited Santa she told him that she wanted a tent and a new angel that she broke for Me. I stood there, with tears in My face. So I made sure that she had an angel and a note from santa about how sweet it was to ask for that. She could not believe he rememebered and that he had brought it just for Me. It was a memory to keep in the forefront of My mind.

Magoo was not entirely happy that we got him up out of a sleep to upwrap presents. Of course all he wanted was the paper and did fairly well until about 45 minutes into it hit. He sure did try! We made him a bottle and put him back to bed.

We then went to Mom and Dads to spend the day. That is always nice to just jump in the car in our PJ's and not have to go very far. We all enjoyed it.

I love this time of year. Not because of the presents or because people are nicer. Just because I enjoy watching My children believe in the magic of Christmas. Knowing that sadly that innocence and mystery does not stay for long. Believing in something that one can not touch or see with their own eyes. I think more adults should believe.

She left cookies and milk for santa. It has become a tradition in our house to also leave carrots for the reindeer. She left an extra one this year for Rudolf because she was sure Santa was using him due to the fog. Santa left her a note thanking her for doing just that because it was very foggy and he had to use him this year.

I was upset because I did not get My Holiday cards out in time but I am hoping to get them out by monday. At least then it is still the season and people will get what I put off sending. I tend to do that each and every year. Next year perhaps I will have them all ready to go. (Highly doubtful)

Things are still not put back together after the holiday tornado went through. There are still toys everywhere, still tons of cookies in the jars and rooms that are piled with presents we have yet to put away. I am wondering why no one gave Me a housekeeper for Christmas????

I am glad to know that things will start to slow down a bit. Bean goes back to school next week (Which I can not wait for) and Magoo is starting to get back on his normal schedule.

I promise to write soon!

1 Comments:

At 3:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

fHappy New Year. Best to you and your family in 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home