Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Wonderful Weekend

Things have been quite busy around here. Yet then again what else is new?

The weekend turned out to be quite wonderful. Friday Bean had her first friend over for dinner to play. They had a wonderful time and I am just starting to get the feel for a loud, kid filled home. Although I must admit that 9pm (The time she left) did not come soon enough!

Saturday the four of us went to a festival. We all had such a wonderful time. The weather was beautiful and it was nice to actually get out and spend time just relaxing.
Petey works a lot and finding time to do something we all like together is not always an easy task. I know it will only get harder as the kids grow. And I am seeing they do grow fast. Perhaps too fast for my liking.

We spent some time taking walks in the woods on sunday and took what bean calls a mini vacation. A mini vacation is when we pack a lunch, get in the car and point directions we want to go. No matter where we end up. We ended up being in the car for 6 hours. Stopping anywhere and everywhere we wanted. Had our lunch, MaGoo had his first swing ride and giggled the entire time. We saw a beautiful waterfall in which Bean and I stuck our heads in! Took several walks, pick more then enough flowers and ate way too much icecream.

Although I must say that Petey laughs at Bean and I because every flower or rock we take we thank mother earth. He calls us "Nature hippies" . I suppose in some way we are.

I have been in great study in herbalism and shamanism. I am throughly enjoying it. Everyone thinks it is a bit off the wall but when have I not been eccentric? A bit strange or into things that normal people aren't. Anyhow I have been enjoying it very much and My herb and oil cabinet is overflowing. Bean has enjoying learning about it too. I suppose you could say we are taking those studies together.

The week as well will start to get busy, so I wanted to quickly write!

Blessings,
The Mom

1 Comments:

At 4:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I like it "mini vacations" I remember when we used to do things like that. Ahh the memories of children when they are young!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home