Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Old Maids and Rainbows

While pregnant with "The girly" I swore that I would never name my babies something that other kids could shorten.

Ex:
Jennifer--Jen--Jenny

I swore that I would stick to my guns until I started calling the girl "Bean". We did not know what sex she was and bean just seemed to fit. To this day she is "The Bean", "Bean" or "Beaner".
Then the boy came along and I swore again that I would not do it this time around. Leave it to Grandpa to nickname him. He is now "Mr. Magoo", "Magoo" or simply "goo".
So if you see those nicknames now you know what I am talking about.
Of course Paul has always been "Petey" and I have always been "The boss" Giggles
We are just a family that is clearly too confused! We can not even remember each others names!

Yesterday was one of those days when you get out of bed and just should have gotten back in! I knew I had to go get Goo different formula as the new one I bought was not agreeing with him. Petey said he would keep him while I went and I agreed! Of course! I took Hannah to school, went the other direction and hit the grocery store.I am taking my time... getting my fruit, getting the formula. Taking advantage of having no children in my cart! I knew that I had to walk over to the dollar store and get babywipes and some party favors for Hannah's birthday. 15 minutes until they open. I hop over to the gas station get myself a cup of hot joe and enjoy just sitting in the parking lot listening to the radio.

Until............

I look around and the parking lot is full of people sitting in their cars waiting for the store to open. People... women... in their late 70's. When the hell did I become this old? Here I am, Clothes that are huge after losing 80 pounds while pregnant with Goo and after. My hair which needs colored has gray popping through. (Not good for someone who does hair for a living), hair in a bun, no makeup and flip flops that are broken. My heart sinks and I think...holy crap. When did I become one of these old women waiting for the Dollar store to open?

How I wish I could have just went back to bed!

After my lovely "down on myself" day, Hannah and I sat at the patio door and watched the rain pour down. There is nothing better then a beautiful rain to wash away everything that came before. After the rain grandma calls and tells us that there is a rainbow. What a beautiful rainbow it was! It was the first time that I have ever seen the beginning and ending of a rainbow. There were two of them and we must have sat there up until the clouds whisked it away. It was such a lovely ending to a funny day!

In love and light,
The mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home