Saturday, May 13, 2006

A heartfelt Note

I had someone the other day say to me..."Live everyday as it was your last". It really made me think. Not that I had never heard it before but for some odd reason it radiated in my mind more then it ever had.

I think that statement itself is next to impossible. If you were to live everyday as it were your last day on earth you would not go to work, pay bills, shower, ect. You would never be able to have a roof under your head or pay the bills that you have to pay. You would move to a far away island with only the people that matter most to you. At least I know I would.

I think that the statement would be better served as "LOVE everyday as it were your last.". Now that I put into effect every single day. I call my parents each and everyday to tell them I love them. Always before they are off to sleep. I make sure that my family knows how much I love and care for them whether it is by phone, in person or a letter every now and then to let them know I remember they are there no matter how busy life gets. My babies know that I love them each and every minute of the day and Paul knows it as well.

Perhaps I smoother but I realize that it may happen at any moment. I suppose my entires lately could come off as 'morbid' and I do not mean them too. I just know that life comes and goes so quickly and with Pauls dad passing away it really makes you think and plan life a bit differently.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. It is very dreary here today. Cold and rainy. One of those days that make you want to curl up in a ball on the bed and sleep the afternoon away.

In love and light
THE MOM

1 Comments:

At 3:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I like that much better as well. Love as if it were your last..
...I wonder if we do that all the time or if the day in and day out of life gets in the way sometimes.

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home