Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Wednesday update

Good news on my end!

Went to the doctor today and everything was okay. He said it was not "great" news but good news. The mass in my tummy is confirmed to be a hematoma, more then likely from my C-section and should go away on it's on. My white blood cell count is still elevated and he put me on an anti-inflamatory. The mass itself has gotten smaller in size and seems to be draining itself. Thus the cramping, pain and backaches.

So overall good news on my side. I have to see him again in August for another round of blood work and a Cat Scan. A huge scare for nothing.

Thank you Aunt Sharon for calling mom to check on me. I meant to email you last night but crashed too early. Love you for caring so much.

Thank you Adia, my sister from another mother for sending me a get well card. It is nice to get cards even if it does come from Austria. (You have to get your ass to see me girly!)

It is 7:16pm and Hannah is sitting next to me playing The Simpsons on x-box. Ethan is ready to eat... Will be back

Exactly one hour later. (Super mom)

Ethan is now in bed. THANK GOD! I love the little boy but between 7 and 8:30 is his fussy time. Drives me up the wall. A bath, ceral and pears later he is in bed sleeping soundly.

I had to giggle tonight because I said something I swore I would never say. Something my mother always said to me. The dreaded..."You need to listen, I don't just talk to her my own voice ya know". It is one of those things you swear you will never say or do. Like cleaning your kids faces with your spitty finger, licking your hand to smooth down their hair. You know things that grossed you out when your mother did it to you.

I took Hannah to school today and got the first "you mortify your kids moment". We were in the car and I was singing to a song on the radio. The conversation went a bit like this.....

"Mom... honestly you are so unpopular"
"Hannah I am the coolest girl you will ever know"
"Okay mom keep telling yourself that, just don't do that when we get close to the school. Please do not make me look dumb"

So of course, anyone who knows me I did just that. I got out of the car, hiked my pants up to my boobs and walked with a limp. She about died! The office lady was laughing and I simply said that I was 'trying' not to make a fool out of her! She is gonna love me as a teenager.

Anywho... that is pretty much my day. Now all I need to do is get Hannah to bed and have a nice cold glass of wine.

In love and light,
THE MOM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home