Friday, April 14, 2006

Don't know much

Well I know my last post was a bit on the "down" side. I went to the doctor and really do not know anything else. Just that there is a mass and he seems to think that it is a hematoma. I have more blood work and another Catscan thursday.

The kids are doing well. Hannah was off school today so all of us went outside a bit before the storms rolled in. She went to bed with a bit of a tummy ache so hopefully she wakes up tomorrow feeling better. Ethan is doing well. He is starting to giggle and laugh which is loads of fun.

All these medical scares really have me thinking about these two babies. I would just melt if there was something really wrong and I had to go through drastic measures. I of course know there is not, but it still gets you thinking about life and how quickly they grow up. It is amazing to me that Hannah is already going to start the 1st grade. It seems just like yesterday she was in her highchair smiling at me and I could not wait for her to walk and talk. Now I just can not get her to be quiet!

When I look at Ethan I know that soon he will be doing the same things and before long he too will be growing up faster then I can keep up with. I know that there will never be enough pictures, videotape or journals to keep track of their every move. Who honestly has time to keep every minute of their life documented? If we did that then we would be missing out on everything about them.

I really think that there is no greater gift then being a mother. It is exhausting, hard, emotional and most of all loving.

The kids are both asleep now and I suppose I too should retire to bed. I always sit here this time of night with a fight. Do I go to sleep and grab the most time I possibly can or do I just enjoy the quiet house and the small amount of time I get for myself?

Perhaps I will do a bit of both.

In love and light
THE MOM

1 Comments:

At 3:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

*hugs*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home