Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow week

Last week Bean was off 4 days from school due to the negative windchill and this week started with the day off due to winds and snow. I am highly doubtful that she will attend school tomorrow as they are starting to call off businesses and roads as well.

I have mixed feelings about her being home. I, of course don't want her out on the roads but I am not sure that I enjoy her talking nonstop all day long. Regardless of what room she is in or what room I am in, she must talk to me. Even the bathroom is a conversation spot. I don't even think I can remember a time when I had the bathroom to myself. When I took a bath and did not have little eyes watching me shave my legs. Even though privacy is rare, I would not change it for the world.

Magoo is now getting his molar teeth in and is a bear to live with. According to Beans baby book she had a tooth and a half on her first birthday. He has 4 on top, 4 on bottom and now 2 molars coming in. Perhaps he is a Guinness book of world records baby!

I have been taking some time to handwrite in the kids' journals. I am hoping someday to hardbind them and perhaps give them as wedding presents when they marry. Say... 20 years or so. Last night I was so tired and wanted to head to bed but had not written in it yet. I went to bed and made myself get up and write. I suppose it is a fear of mine that I will die before my time and they won't know all there is to know about me. That they won't have the advice on hand that I would give them.

Morbid? Perhaps but it is important to me.

There aren't many fears I have in life but that is pretty high on my list. Not dying but dying young and leaving my kids without me. It is not a fear that keeps me from living but one that makes me able to see what I want and need for them.

The Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home