Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The circle of life

As I get older the more people I love or just even consider a friend have are passing away. A friend of ours passed away yesterday and even though I was not extremely close to her she always spoiled my kids when she saw them, had been to my home for haircuts and was overall extremely wonderful to my family.

It makes you stop and take a breath. Understanding and thinking about how precious and short life really is. Wherever people believe we go when we die, I am sure that she is safe and happy there.

Bean came home with a sore throat and no voice. The starts of a lovely cold in which I hope to have nipped in the bud before it goes full monty! She and I sat at the kitchen table for an hour and a half doing homework tonight. A story she had to read that was 13 pages. 100 addition problems, 100 subtraction problems, a sheet going over the clock and a spelling pretest due tomorrow. It amazes me that she had so much to do. By the time she had finished her and I were both tired and sick of each other! Each time she tried to read the way that the book showed to, Magoo would yell outloud and try to "read" over here. Already it starts! The little brother bugging the shit out of his big sister.
I just wait for the time that she has girlfriends over, door closed to her room and he goes running in dancing in his superman underroos.

I never had that growing up so I am both excited and not looking forward to the sibling fueds.

We decided to go with the Pixar movie CARS theme for Magoos birthday party. There is an old tow truck on there called Tow Mater that he giggles and yells at each time we watch it so we figured that it would be perfect for him. Got him a light of TowMater, a mobile for his crib, a light decoration of CARS, a puzzle and a bear. Bean picked out the bear and puzzle so that is from just her.

I am dead tired tonight and I am not entirely sure why. I just wanted to write quickly before I head off to slumber.

Have a blessed night
The Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home